Weather, Food, and More: The Truth About Triggers
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Why are migraine symptoms sometimes misconstrued as migraine triggers?
- Why does susceptibility to a trigger vary from day to day?
- How can menstrual migraine be prevented?
- What are repetition and avoidance theories, and how do they relate to managing triggers?
- Is there a migraine app that is best for determining whether a trigger is truly a trigger?
- What can be done to prevent migraine with barometric pressure changes?
- How can we manage odor and noise sensitivity in everyday life?
- How can the light sensitivity trigger be better managed?
- Does trigger sensitivity get worse with age?
Vince Martin, MD
Director and Headache Specialist
University of Cincinnati Headache and Facial Pain Center
Dr. Vincent Martin is the leading authority on weather and migraine. After graduating from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Dr. Martin completed a residency in internal medicine, followed by a fellowship in general internal medicine at UC. He is currently director of the Headache and Facial Pain Center at the University of Cincinnati Gardner Neuroscience Institute, and has been professor of clinical medicine in the division of General Internal Medicine at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine since 2004. Dr. Martin is president of the Ohio Headache Association and the National Headache Foundation, and is also a fellow of the American Headache Society and the American College of Physicians.
Unlock full access to the entire 2020 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 5 (2020) Triggers
At Everyday Health, we view wellness through a humanized and personal lens that focuses on one’s physical, emotional, intellectual, and work life.
Everyday Health bridges the gap between lifestyle and medical websites by delivering trusted health information and resources along with the stories, tips, tools, and insights of the day's most influential and compelling voices, role models, and celebrities.
Mark which interviews you watch, add to your favorites and keep track of which interviews you still need to see. Don't miss a single interview. Find your way back to the most relevant insights. Only available to those who have registered by email and stay logged in.