Ehlers-Danlos, Connective Tissue Disorders & Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What is Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS)?
- What are the most common symptoms of EDS?
- Is having EDS the same as being hypermobile?
- How is EDS diagnosed?
- What are the most common forms of EDS?
- What is the connection between EDS and migraine?
- What are some of the most common comorbidities of EDS?
- What is the prevalence of mental health disorders with EDS?
- What practitioners are typically involved for someone with EDS?
- What therapies are available?
- What kind of exercise is recommended for people with EDS and migraine?
Please note: The Migraine World Summit’s aim is to bring you a variety of perspectives and expertise, independent of bias or judgment. Alternative theories presented in this video have not been medically-reviewed. Views expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of the Migraine World Summit. Please always consult your healthcare professional and do your own research before making changes to your treatment plan.
Find more about Vince Martin, MD and his work here:
- The Ehlers Danlos Society
- Joint Hypermobility and Headache: The Glue That Binds the Two Together – Part 2
- Monoclonal antibodies (biologics)
- Muscle relaxers
Vince Martin, MD, AQH
Headache & Facial Pain Center at the University of Cincinnati Gardner Neuroscience Institute
Vincent Martin is the director of the Headache and Facial Pain Center at the University of Cincinnati Gardner Neuroscience Institute and has been a professor of clinical medicine in the Division of General Internal Medicine at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine since 2004. Dr. Martin is president of the National Headache Foundation and a fellow of the American Headache Society and the American College of Physicians.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 3 (2022)
The Coalition For Headache And Migraine Patients (CHAMP) is an organization that provides support to people with headache, migraine and cluster diseases who are often stigmatized and under-served.
Nurtec ODT (rimegepant) is a calcitonin gene-related peptide receptor antagonist indicated for the acute treatment of migraine with or without aura in adults and the preventive treatment of episodic migraine in adults. Prescription only. Don’t take if allergic to Nurtec ODT. The most common side effects were nausea, stomach pain/indigestion. See Important Safety Information and Prescribing Information at nurtec.com.
Adjust video play speed to go faster or slower. Calibrate video speed if you are feeling good or tired and foggy. You can also adjust the video resolution if your internet connection is busy.
Leave a comment
Back to top