Making the Most Out of Your Doctor’s Appointment
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- How do we know whether we have migraine or another headache type?
- What is the ID Migraine screener?
- How can we best prepare for an appointment to talk about migraine with our medical provider?
- What type of provider should we see if we think we have migraine?
- How can we educate our primary care provider about treatments for migraine?
- When should we ask our primary care provider for a referral to a headache specialist?
- What are some examples of headache diaries?
- How do we choose what to share about our migraine attacks with our provider?
- How can we find a medical provider who is knowledgeable about migraine?
- What are some ways to become an educated migraine patient?
- Dr. Vince Martin
- National Headache Foundation
- National Headache Foundation ID Migraine Tool
- Added Qualification in Headache Medicine
- United Council for Neurologic Subspecialities (UCNS)
- American Headache Society
- Lifestyle factors (sleep, hydration, exercise, nutrition)
- Neuromodulation devices
- Sumatriptan (Imitrex)
Please note: The Migraine World Summit’s aim is to bring you a variety of perspectives and expertise, independent of bias or judgment. Alternative theories presented in this video have not been medically reviewed. Views expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of the Migraine World Summit. Please always consult your health care professional and do your own research before making changes to your treatment plan.
Vince Martin, MD, AQH
Headache & Facial Pain Center at the University of Cincinnati Gardner Neuroscience Institute
Vincent Martin is the director of the Headache and Facial Pain Center at the University of Cincinnati Gardner Neuroscience Institute and has been a professor of clinical medicine in the Division of General Internal Medicine at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine since 2004. Dr. Martin is president of the National Headache Foundation and a fellow of the American Headache Society and the American College of Physicians.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 8 – 2023
We support research for better treatments and a cure while advocating to improve the lives of those struggling with cluster headaches.
We’re working together to give employers and employees the tools they need to create healthier, stigma-free, and more productive workplaces for those living with migraine disease.
The VIP Treatment Directory lists over 300 options including treatments, therapies, devices, procedures, strategies and approaches to treat or prevent migraine. Only available with the VIP Access Pass. Learn more at the order page.
Leave a comment
Back to top