Each year dozens of leading migraine experts, doctors and specialists from around the world are interviewed to help answer the most difficult questions for those with migraine in desperate need of relief.
The online Migraine World Summit is free while it is running from March 16-24, 2022. The annual event runs in March each year. For those who miss out or cannot attend live, all the interview recordings and more are available to order for home delivery or instant online access. All the video, audio and transcripts are available anytime on demand.
The Migraine World Summit is a socially driven organization that partners with and supports nonprofits. Up to 50% of funds raised from the Migraine World Summit go towards our migraine nonprofit partners listed on the homepage, who are doing wonderful work to help fund migraine research, support patients and advocate for migraine sufferers.
To date, we’ve donated over $130,000 USD to migraine and headache nonprofits, groups, and foundations. The small percentage of individuals who purchase a copy of the Migraine World Summit each year help sustain the organization. The Migraine World Summit does not solicit donations nor compete with other nonprofits for fundraising.
We believe that by giving unprecedented access to many of the world’s top experts you’ll get high quality, trustworthy information which you can discuss with your health care professional and use to improve your own situation for the better.
Carl stopped taking his health for granted at an early age due to migraine. He has had migraine for 27 years. Over this time health has become central throughout his life and work. This includes working with some of the biggest health companies in the world.
Today, he works with several charities, foundations, and organizations, including Headache Australia, the Brain Foundation, the Coalition of Headache and Migraine Patients, the Global Patient Advocacy Coalition and the World Headache and Migraine Alliance. He is a member of the International Headache Society, he acts on several advisory councils and he also is the editor at MigrainePal.com and co-host for the Migraine World Summit.
Carl is a public and passionate patient advocate for migraine. He has spoken nationally and internationally about migraine and the need to increase research funding, reduce stigma, increase patient support and education.View more/less
Paula K. Dumas
Paula K. Dumas is a lifelong migraine warrior, Founder and Managing Editor of MigraineAgain.com.
After juggling a demanding career with CNN, Apple and Disney, she shifted gears to devote herself to family, faith and health advocacy. Although she’s lost a decade's worth of days to migraine, she’s been able to reduce her frequency from 25 days a month to less than a day a month.
Now, she’s helping others to do the same.
To advocate for people with migraine, Paula serves on the Board of the American Migraine Foundation (AMF), the steering committee of the Coalition of Headache and Migraine Patients (CHAMP), the International Headache Society Global Patient Advocacy Committee, and was nominated for a WEGO Health Advocate award. Each year, she and her husband Karl lobby legislators on Capitol Hill as part of the US Headache on the Hill organized by Association of Headache Disorders Advocacy (AHDA).
To raise awareness about migraine, she’s spoken at the International Headache Academy and the first Migraine World Summit, as well as Research America’s Annual National Health Forum. She’s presented her research at the American Academy of Neurology conference, one of two academic research studies she co-authored (CaMEO and My Migraine Voice). Together, these research studies measure the impact that migraine has upon people’s lives, relationships, work and finances in over 31 countries.
To educate people with migraine, she’s authored over 300 articles on migraine health and wellness, and produced over 100 videos, interviews and podcasts. With Carl and her husband Karl, Paula co-founded the World Health Education Foundation, producing the largest live event for people with migraine, Migraine World Summit Live at UCLA in March 2019.
To create healthier workplaces for people with migraine, Paula serves as chair of the MigraineAtWork.org campaign, focused on helping employers and employees tackle the widespread challenge of working through painful attacks. Each year, Paula co-leads an amazing global team of people with migraine who produce the Migraine World Summit, demonstrating the resilience and commitment of these courageous warriors.
To provide greater support to people with migraine, Paula, Karl and Carl produced Migraine Community Groups in partnership with Miles for Migraine. In addition, Paula and Karl lead the largest social community for people with migraine, The Daily Migraine, offering help, hope and humor and a private support group to aid those suffering from this chronic, disabling disease.View more/less
Join Our Team
At the 2022 Migraine World Summit, we had more than 100,000 participants from more than 100 countries listen to 32 world-leading experts.
We heard in emails, video messages, and social media comments that this event has opened up a world of hope and turned lives around.
This has been made possible only by the goodwill of our world-leading experts and volunteers who have generously shared their knowledge, time, and expertise. We owe a big thank you to everyone who was involved.
Now there is an opportunity to get directly involved with this life-changing work. We are looking for a few capable and generous volunteers to join the Migraine World Summit team to help deliver these experts to the world.
The roles are flexible and purpose-driven. You’re also likely to pick up new skills, friends, and ideas for better health along the way. This could also be a great stepping stone if you’re looking to get back into the workforce.
- You are passionate about and driven to help people in the migraine community.
- You are patient and empathetic. You have an appreciation for what it is like to engage with others in need via online customer platforms (or would be comfortable learning to use the online platform).
- You are a confident problem solver with a natural ability to troubleshoot and investigate when insufficient information is available.
- Your strong written communication skills will be important when responding to customers via chat and email.
- You are excited by on-the-job opportunities to learn and apply new knowledge and skills.
- You are comfortable responding to sales and technical questions.
- You are comfortable working autonomously and will enjoy being part of a virtual team that spans several continents and timezones.
- You love reading. Language and good grammar come naturally.
- You have an eye for poor grammar and grammatical errors.
- You would enjoy finding errors and making corrections in text such as interview transcripts and website content.
- You know how to make tweaks that can make written content more comprehensible to reading audiences.
- You are comfortable working within deadlines to support project timelines.
- You are interested in learning and using new software to complete editing work.
- You would enjoy absorbing robust content and creating concise summaries of material covered.
- You would be able to make a detailed review of a video to make edit recommendations that would enhance the final product.
- You can do video editing to add intros and outros, titles, optimizing sound, picture and extracting short preview clips.
- You are comfortable with and have access to tools like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or ScreenFlow.
- You are detail-oriented and see tasks through to the end.
- You are artistic and creative.
- You have expertise in creating icons, graphics, charts, infographics or designs from scratch with examples to show it.
- You are happy for your work to appear in presentations, social media and the website.
- You are comfortable with Adobe, Illustrator and other creative software tools.
- You are comfortable at initiating new strategic partnerships with nonprofits and health websites.
- You enjoy developing new relationships and reaching out to new people.
- You identify new opportunities for high potential partnerships.
- You are a self-starter, motivated and love to produce great results.
- Previous work experience in outbound sales will be helpful in this role.
- You are completely at home with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media networks.
- You have experience in building a follower base and increasing engagement.
- You are comfortable interpreting social media performance and creating strategies to optimize.
- You are comfortable scheduling posts through various platforms, or can quickly learn new platforms such as Hootsuite and AirTable.
- You know how to respond to comments with empathy and professionalism to build a loyal community and keep users engaged. You understand how people struggling with a debilitating illness may express their frustration in different ways, and you truly want to help them.
- You can convey medical knowledge with an empathetic and inspirational message attached.
- You enjoy research into migraine to collaborate with the team on ideas for weekly infographics.
- Note: There are several different roles within the team based around scheduling, responding to comments, researching, creating posts, and analyzing data. You will not be responsible for all roles.
- You have great copywriting skills, including an eye for detail and editing.
- You enjoy telling a story in a clear, concise manner.
- Your copywriting can be persuasive without being pushy.
- You can build trust with your readers quickly.
- You enjoy researching a specific topic, i.e. migraine.
- You have a thorough understanding of the migraine community.
- You are a quick learner with new digital tools or applications like WordPress and associated plugins such as SEO Yoast.
- You love building websites and pages.
- You are familiar and comfortable using WordPress.
- You are detail-oriented and see tasks through to the end.
- Website coding skills are not required.
- You have experience optimizing SEO for various websites.
- You enjoy finding targeted keywords and link building strategies to optimize traffic.
- You are comfortable tracking, reporting, and optimizing website analytics to recommend changes to our websites.
- You utilize and have access to a tool like Ahefs, WebCEO, or similar.
We understand that, for many, life is a daily struggle and you are simply not in a position to take on anything more. If you feel like this could be taxing on your health in any way, do not apply now. We greatly appreciate your consideration and would much rather you prioritize your health and come back in a better place next year.
If your health permits it, you possess the relevant skills and are ready to demonstrate just how amazing you can be despite chronic illness, please apply or share this with someone you know who might be interested. Please note, these roles are open globally, and will be filled on a rolling basis – some right away, and others as needed. Thanks for your patience with us as we review all of the applications.
Fill out this short form to be considered for the Migraine World Summit team. Join us to help make a world of difference.
Register for the Migraine World Summit today!
Get full access to all interviews and summit content
View some of the top migraine interview content on the planet
Engage in user discussion with fellow migraine attendees