How Fasting, Weight and Dehydration Affect Your Brain
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Why can’t people with chronic migraine skip a meal when other people do it all the time?
- What are the risks of fasting or intermittent fasting for someone living with migraine disease?
- What is the association between weight and frequency of migraine attacks?
- What are some important factors related to weight loss that are important for those with migraine to consider when attempting to lose weight?
- How should the presence of mood issues affect the approach to a weight loss plan?
- What are important considerations regarding use of a ketogenic diet?
- How does sufficient water help us to ensure that we’re getting proper functioning of our brain and body?
- How do you know if you’re dehydrated?
- How much water do we need to drink and what are additional ways to stay hydrated?
- What additions to the water we drink might actually be working against hydration?
- When are hospital-administered IV fluids necessary?
- How should people living with migraine disease prioritize establishing healthy eating and drinking habits versus searching for food-related triggers?
Elizabeth Leroux, MD, FRCPC
Headache Clinic Director
Montreal University Health Center, Canada
Dr. Elizabeth Leroux is a well-respected headache neurologist currently practicing at the Brunswick Medical Center in Montreal. Previous affiliations include the Montreal University Headache Clinic and the University of Calgary CHAMP program. Dr. Leroux is the president of the Canadian Headache Society and the founder and chair of Migraine Canada. She is also a member of IHS-GPAC and serves on the Scientific Advisory Board for the American Registry for Migraine Research. Her current focus includes therapeutic education and patient advocacy.
Get your own copy of the entire Summit
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 5 (2020) Triggers
At Everyday Health, we view wellness through a humanized and personal lens that focuses on one’s physical, emotional, intellectual, and work life.
Everyday Health bridges the gap between lifestyle and medical websites by delivering trusted health information and resources along with the stories, tips, tools, and insights of the day's most influential and compelling voices, role models, and celebrities.
Mark which interviews you watch, add to your favorites and keep track of which interviews you still need to see. Don't miss a single interview. Find your way back to the most relevant insights. Only available to those who have registered by email and stay logged in.