Pros and Cons of Blocking CGRP
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
- What is CGRP?
- Why is CGRP significant during a migraine attack and in it’s treatment?
- What is the link between CGRP and triptans, antibodies and gepants?
- Which CGRP treatments are preventive and which are for acute use?
- How do gepants differ from triptans?
- What is medication overuse headache or rebound headache?
- What are antagonists, receptors and antibodies?
- What is the science behind effective drug treatments for the brain/migraine?
- Are CGRP treatments more effective than other preventive treatments?
- Are there side effects with CGRP treatment methods?
- What are the current concerns about using CGRP treatments?
Antoinette Maassen van den Brink, PhD
Associate Professor of Pharmacology
Erasmus MC, Netherlands
Dr. Antoinette Maassen van den Brink is an associate professor at the Erasmus University Medical Center Department of Pharmacology in The Netherlands. She has been studying migraine for more than 20 years, with recent emphasis on the role of female sex hormones in the disease’s neurovascular pharmacology. She serves as a board member for the Dutch Society for Gender & Health, the Dutch Pharmacological Society, the Federation of European Pharmacological Societies, the Dutch Headache Society and the European Headache Federation.
Unlock full access to the entire 2020 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 5 (2020) Triggers
At Everyday Health, we view wellness through a humanized and personal lens that focuses on one’s physical, emotional, intellectual, and work life.
Everyday Health bridges the gap between lifestyle and medical websites by delivering trusted health information and resources along with the stories, tips, tools, and insights of the day's most influential and compelling voices, role models, and celebrities.
Mark which interviews you watch, add to your favorites and keep track of which interviews you still need to see. Don't miss a single interview. Find your way back to the most relevant insights. Only available to those who have registered by email and stay logged in.