Why Most Doctors Get the Diagnosis Wrong
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
- Why do so many people with migraine never go to a doctor or receive a correct diagnosis?
- Is it always necessary to see a doctor for infrequent episodic migraine?
- What are the migraine subtypes?
- What are some of the common misdiagnoses for migraine?
- What is subacute intracranial hypotension?
- Is medication overuse headache a type of secondary headache?
- What is the result when migraine is misdiagnosed?
- How is underdiagnosis different from misdiagnosis?
- What is the future role of artificial intelligence in diagnosing and treating migraine?
- How can we be part of this groundbreaking AI research effort?
Robert Cowan, MD
Chief of Headache Medicine and Headache Specialist
Dr. Robert Cowan is a professor of neurology and director of the Headache and Facial Pain Program at Stanford University. He is board-certified in neurology and pain medicine with a subspecialty certification in headache medicine. Dr. Cowan holds several nationally elected positions, including chair of the section on chronic daily headache for the American Headache Society.
He is President of the Headache Cooperative of the Pacific and a fellow of both the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society. He sits on the board of the Alliance for Headache Diseases Advocacy and the American Headache and Migraine Association. He has published over 50 articles and is the author of The Keeler Migraine Method.
Unlock full access to the entire 2020 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 2 (2020) Causes & Diagnosis
The American Migraine Foundation (AMF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of research and awareness surrounding migraine, a disabling condition that impacts more than 37 million men, women and children in the United States. The AMF was founded in 2010 to provide global access to information and resources for individuals with migraine as well as their family and friends.
Welcome to MigraineAgain.com – an authentic wellness community for people with migraine and frequent headaches. We come together to discover how to survive and even thrive in this world despite chronic pain. It’s a supportive and empowering environment where people can find the most effective migraine and headache relief solutions for more migraine-free days — until there’s a cure.
Try the new Search and Interview Library tools in the footer of each page. Discover answers from 150+ expert interviews. Watch previews of past interviews or get an All-Access Pass to any full Summit year.