How Concussion and Head Injuries Lead to Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What are some of the common causes of a head injury?
- What are the symptoms of a head injury?
- How do you know when you should seek medical attention?
- If someone has migraine and then has a concussion, is there a way that they can distinguish between the two?
- What is the relationship between concussion and migraine?
- Can having migraine make you more vulnerable to having a concussion, and does having a concussion make you more vulnerable to having migraine?
- How do you treat concussion?
- Does the treatment change for people who have preexisting migraine?
- Does wearing hard helmets or soft helmets help prevent concussion?
Mia Minen, MD, MPH
Neurologist, Headache Specialist and Assistant Professor
New York University Langone Medical Center
Dr. Mia Minen is an award-winning, board-certified headache specialist. She is the chief of headache research and an assistant professor in the department of neurology at New York University Langone Medical Center. Dr. Minen has received numerous honors and has published over 30 research papers and conducted various oral presentations on the field of headache. She is also passionate about teaching headache to medical professionals, researchers, and patients.
Get your own copy of the entire Summit
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 2 (2020) Causes & Diagnosis
The American Migraine Foundation (AMF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of research and awareness surrounding migraine, a disabling condition that impacts more than 37 million men, women and children in the United States. The AMF was founded in 2010 to provide global access to information and resources for individuals with migraine as well as their family and friends.
Welcome to MigraineAgain.com – an authentic wellness community for people with migraine and frequent headaches. We come together to discover how to survive and even thrive in this world despite chronic pain. It’s a supportive and empowering environment where people can find the most effective migraine and headache relief solutions for more migraine-free days — until there’s a cure.
Try the new Search and Interview Library tools in the footer of each page. Discover answers from 150+ expert interviews. Watch previews of past interviews or get an All-Access Pass to any full Summit year.