You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What causes migraine? (i.e. combination of both genetic and environmental factors)
- What do we know about the genetic factors (combination of different genes – except in some types of FHM) no single gene responsible.
- What are some examples of environmental factors?
- How can siblings or one twin have migraine where one does and the other does not?
- Can a severe virus trigger migraine?
- Is COVID-19 known to cause or trigger migraine?
- Can concussion, TBI or whiplash cause migraine?
- Can non-physical trauma or abuse cause migraine?
- Are there any other common types of causes that can initiate migraine? (eg. surgery, car accident, hormones)
The Migraine World Summit will be running a live expert webinar EVERY DAY during the June Replay of the 2020 Migraine World Summit, June 10 – 19
Live attendance for each webinar will be available exclusively for those who purchased an All Access, VIP, or Box Set Pass for the 2020 Migraine World Summit. This is a special opportunity for customers to connect with a different expert each day, engage in live Q&A, and interact with other participants and Summit hosts.
If you didn’t buy an Access Pass, don’t worry! The recording of each webinar will be shared with the entire Migraine World Summit community on this page shortly after the live event takes place, allowing everyone to take advantage of the important information presented during that day’s webinar.
This is our way to recognize those who have supported the 2020 Migraine World Summit financially while making sure our entire community has access to critical information about the changes taking place in the migraine community and beyond.
Each day during the Replay period, the live webinar will take place at 5:00 pm Eastern Time (New York).
Here’s the lineup for the webinar topics:
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 10 – Mental Health & Building Resilience
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 11 – Understanding Causes
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 12 – COVID-19 Considerations for Migraine Patients
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 13 – Understanding Symptoms
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 14 – Understanding Triggers
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 15 – Non-Drug Options
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 16 – New Treatments
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 17 – Telemedicine
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 18 – Finding Calm in a Crisis
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 19 – The Role of Self Management
Don’t miss out! Get your access pass here to attend the live expert webinars.
Alan Rapoport, MD
Immediate Past President, The International Headache Society
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Dr. Alan M. Rapoport is a Clinical Professor of Neurology at The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, where he teaches medical students, neurology residents and fellows.
He is a Past President of the International Headache Society (IHS) and the founder and Director-Emeritus of The New England Center for Headache, in Stamford, Connecticut. Board-certified in Neurology and Headache Medicine, he has co-authored more than 350 articles, chapters and posters on headache and other neurological diseases.
He is an editor of Headache, CNS Drugs and Editor in Chief of Neurology Reviews. He reviews for many peer-reviewed journals such as Cephalalgia, Neurology, New England Journal of Medicine and Headache.
He has co-authored nine books on headache for patients, physicians, and nurses with Drs. Fred Sheftell and Stewart Tepper.
He is the Co-Founder, with Dr. Rob Cowan, and CEO of BonTriage, an IT company in Silicon Valley, California, dedicated to helping patients and doctors around the globe by collecting detailed patient histories on line and linking with an app that monitors patient progress and outcomes.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 2 (2020) Causes & Diagnosis
The American Migraine Foundation (AMF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of research and awareness surrounding migraine, a disabling condition that impacts more than 37 million men, women and children in the United States. The AMF was founded in 2010 to provide global access to information and resources for individuals with migraine as well as their family and friends.
Welcome to MigraineAgain.com – an authentic wellness community for people with migraine and frequent headaches. We come together to discover how to survive and even thrive in this world despite chronic pain. It’s a supportive and empowering environment where people can find the most effective migraine and headache relief solutions for more migraine-free days — until there’s a cure.
Try the new Search and Interview Library tools in the footer of each page. Discover answers from 150+ expert interviews. Watch previews of past interviews or get an All-Access Pass to any full Summit year.