Calling in Sick: An Employer’s Perspective of Migraine at Work
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
- What concerns do employers raise about employees with migraine and frequent headaches?
- What does research say about employee reliability and performance?
- Do people with migraine actually miss work as often as bosses think?
Brian Gifford, MD
Director of Research
Integrated Benefits Institute
As Director of Research for the Integrated Benefits Institute (IBI), a non-profit association, Dr. Brian Gifford’s work examines the workforce productivity implications of issues such as health risks and chronic conditions. Dr. Gifford knows a thing or two about migraine. He’s the author of the 2013 study, Sharing the Pain: Productivity of Employees with Migraines and Chronic Headaches. In addition to giving insights to employers on migraine and headache disability, the study served as a catalyst to get people talking about how to engage people affected by frequent migraine and headache more effectively.
Unlock full access to the entire 2017 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee