Calling in Sick: An Employer’s Perspective of Migraine at Work
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What concerns do employers raise about employees with migraine and frequent headaches?
- What does research say about employee reliability and performance?
- Do people with migraine actually miss work as often as bosses think?
Brian Gifford, MD
Director of Research
Integrated Benefits Institute
As Director of Research for the Integrated Benefits Institute (IBI), a non-profit association, Dr. Brian Gifford’s work examines the workforce productivity implications of issues such as health risks and chronic conditions. Dr. Gifford knows a thing or two about migraine. He’s the author of the 2013 study, Sharing the Pain: Productivity of Employees with Migraines and Chronic Headaches. In addition to giving insights to employers on migraine and headache disability, the study served as a catalyst to get people talking about how to engage people affected by frequent migraine and headache more effectively.
Unlock all 32 expert interviews with your own copy of the 2022 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- 32 expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 26 extended, uncut interview editions
- Lifetime access with no annual fee