Understanding Your Workplace Rights
This talk is part of your free 2-day access as a registered MWS member. You will be able to watch the full interviews from Days 1 & 2. Unlock full summit access to ALL interviews by upgrading to an All Access Pass!
- How do you fight the stigma that people with migraine are weak or lazy or even faking it?
- How does presenteeism come into play with migraine?
- Why should an employee tell an employer about a migraine condition?
- When is the best time to inform your employer that you suffer with migraine?
- What is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
- Does migraine qualify as a disability under the ADA?
- What is a “qualified individual” with disability?
- What is required for people with migraine to be considered for disability under the ADA?
- How can people with migraine benefit from accommodations in the workplace?
- If you experience migraine, are you allowed to ask your employer for a flexible work schedule?
- What should you do if your employer is not willing to make accommodations for you in the workplace setting?
- What is the FMLA and how does it apply to migraine in the workplace?
- Can your employer legally terminate you if you are missing work because of migraine?
Find more about Stacey Worthy JD and her work here:
Stacey Worthy JD
Attorney and Executive Director
Aimed Alliance. USA
Stacey Worthy is a graduate of George Mason School of Law, and she is an expert in workplace law and policy for those with health issues like chronic migraine. Ms. Worthy assists in coalition-building efforts with allied organizations focusing on common goals. She currently serves as counsel to and is a member of the board of directors for Aimed Alliance, a nonprofit that works to protect and enhance the rights of health-care consumers and providers. Ms. Worthy is a published author of scholarly articles, a regular speaker at national conferences and is a partner at the DCBA Law and Policy firm in Washington, D.C., where she specializes in health care law.
Unlock full access to the entire 2019 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee