Beyond Guilt and Shame: One Woman’s Journey
This talk is part of your free 2-day access as a registered MWS member. You will be able to watch the full interviews from Days 1 & 2. Unlock full summit access to ALL interviews by upgrading to an All Access Pass!
- When did your migraine journey begin as a child?
- What happened after your diagnosis?
- What was it like having migraine in school?
- How did your migraine condition change throughout the years?
- Was it sudden or gradual?
- What treatments have you been given?
- As a wife and mother, how do you deal with the guilt that comes with not being able to fully function in these roles at times?
- How did migraine eventually lead to fibromyalgia, depression, and anxiety?
- How did you cope with these comorbidities that often come with migraine disease?
- What have you learned from a naturopath that you wouldn’t necessarily learn from a headache specialist or neurologist?
- Has using a more holistic, naturopathic approach improved your health?
- What led to your advocacy work, and what have you been working on in that area?
Find more about Jaime Sanders and her work here:
Jaime Sanders is a patient advocate, blogger, and 40-year-old mom to three wonderful kids. She lives with chronic migraine, fibromyalgia, depression, and anxiety. Jaime has a popular blog called “The Migraine Diva,” which is her personal diary, platform for advocacy, and sounding board to readers to learn how chronic pain affects a person and a family. She is a member of the Coalition For Headache and Migraine Patients (CHAMP) and ‘The Headache & Migraine Policy Forum’ striving to advance public policy and practices in order to deliver improved treatments for headache and migraine patients. Jaime is also affiliated with the American Migraine Foundation, a national nonprofit dedicated to providing reliable information about diagnosis, treatment, and advancements in research.
Unlock full access to the entire 2019 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee