Beware: CGRP Access Challenges Ahead
This talk is part of your free 2-day access as a registered MWS member. You will be able to watch the full interviews from Days 1 & 2. Unlock full summit access to ALL interviews by upgrading to an All Access Pass!
- How are new drugs developed and approved?
- Why do insurance companies make drug development and approval even more complicated in the United States?
- What are the biggest concerns that doctors and patient advocates have about newly released medications?
- How would you describe patient expectations for anti-CGRP medications before they were approved?
- And now that the first few have been approved?
- What were some of the biggest challenges going on behind the scenes to get CGRP therapies into people’s hands?
- What programs have manufacturers created to make CGRP medications affordable and accessible?
- What big access challenges are coming soon?
- What happens if we do nothing?
- What do terms like co-pay, forced choice, and layered therapies refer to and how might they affect people with migraine?
- What is CHAMP, and how did it come to exist?
- How is CHAMP training and empowering a new level of advocacy in migraine?
- What are some of the ways people can support CHAMP’s work?
- What is your role and challenges as a caregiver for someone with migraine?
Find more about Kevin Lenaburg and his work here:
CHAMP (Coalition of Headache And Migraine Patients), USA
Kevin Lenaburg has worked in healthcare advocacy for more than 15 years. He is the executive director of the Coalition For Headache And Migraine Patients (CHAMP). Kevin brings his professional expertise, along with his personal experience with being a caregiver for a loved one who suffers from a debilitating headache disease, to bring support to patients who suffer from various headache conditions who often feel stigmatized by the healthcare system.
Kevin and his work through CHAMP aim to bring together organizations and leaders in the field to work collectively to help people through their headache and migraine journey. Kevin and CHAMP have pushed for, advocated and celebrated the creation and release of the anti-CGRP class of medications.
Unlock full access to the entire 2019 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee