You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
This year there have already been several new treatments approved in 2020 by the FDA. What is the efficacy, side effects, dosage, who is the ideal patient, and how to get it (including prescription, cost, and insurance) for each new treatment:
- Nurtec ODT (rimegepant)
- Ubrelvy (ubrogepant)
- Reyvow (lasmiditan)
- Nerivio Migra Device
- How does Nurtec ODT differ from Ubrelvy?
- What restrictions are there involved with these new treatments?
- How do the new ditan treatments compare to the existing triptans? If you have failed a triptan can a ditan still be effective?
- Do CGRPs affect pregnancies? Have there been any studies done?
- Are there any long term effects of the CGRPs or gepants? What were the results from the 5 year study?
- What can a patient do if their insurance won’t approve a CGRP drug?
- How much improvement is needed on a new treatment for it to be considered successful?
- What does a drug’s half-life refer to? How can that impact side effects?
- Can triptans increase the risk of atrial fibrillation?
- If you fail on the Ubrelvy treatment, might you respond to Nurtec?
- Are there any new treatments for abdominal migraine with gastroparesis?
- Does Nurtec, an acute treatment for migraine, also have preventive properties in the days after to stop an attack?
- If you’ve failed two CGRPs, what other options are there?
The Migraine World Summit will be running a live expert webinar EVERY DAY during the June Replay of the 2020 Migraine World Summit, June 10 – 19
Live attendance for each webinar will be available exclusively for those who purchased an All Access, VIP, or Box Set Pass for the 2020 Migraine World Summit. This is a special opportunity for customers to connect with a different expert each day, engage in live Q&A, and interact with other participants and Summit hosts.
If you didn’t buy an Access Pass, don’t worry! The recording of each webinar will be shared with the entire Migraine World Summit community on this page shortly after the live event takes place, allowing everyone to take advantage of the important information presented during that day’s webinar.
This is our way to recognize those who have supported the 2020 Migraine World Summit financially while making sure our entire community has access to critical information about the changes taking place in the migraine community and beyond.
Each day during the Replay period, the live webinar will take place at 5:00 pm Eastern Time (New York).
Here’s the lineup for the webinar topics:
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 10 – Mental Health & Building Resilience
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 11 – Understanding Causes
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 12 – COVID-19 Considerations for Migraine Patients
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 13 – Understanding Symptoms
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 14 – Understanding Triggers
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 15 – Non-Drug Options
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 16 – New Treatments
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 17 – Telemedicine
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 18 – Finding Calm in a Crisis
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 19 – The Role of Self Management
Don’t miss out! Get your access pass here to attend the live expert webinars.
Timothy R. Smith, MD, RPH
President & CEO
Dr. Timothy R. Smith is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American Headache Society, a certified physician investigator of the Academy of Clinical Research Professionals, and Vice President of the National Headache Foundation. He has been the principal investigator of more than 200 clinical trials and original research projects. He has over 40 peer-reviewed publications to his credit, and has written over 200 other articles, abstracts, and book chapters over the course of his career. Dr. Smith has a special interest in patient and physician issues that relate to treatment of headache in primary care. An advisor to research organizations, educational foundations, and pharmaceutical corporations, Dr. Smith is a frequent lecturer on headache topics at a national level.
Dr. Smith has received a number of awards in the field of headache management, including the Migraine Innovators Award, the NHF Lectureship Award and the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award with Special Commendation. His research has twice been awarded the AHS’s Kaplan Award for Research in Chronic Daily Headache. In 2015, Dr. Smith was honored with the National Headache Foundation’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 7 (2020) Treatments
The Association of Migraine Disorders (AMD) is devoted to expanding the understanding of migraine disease and its true scope. Migraine is a full body condition with a broad spectrum of symptoms, AMD is focused on including many medical specialties in the management of this disease.
Theranica develops advanced yet affordable electroceuticals, addressing a few prevalent neurological pain diseases. The company’s first FDA-authorized product, Nerivio™, is available in the US. Nerivio is an innovative, non-invasive, smartphone-operated, prescribed wearable for the acute treatment of migraine. 12% of the world’s population suffer from migraine, of which 80% are women. Being completely drug-free, Nerivio™ is a safe, addiction-free alternative in the multi-billion-dollar market of medications for migraine.
Summaries now available for every interview with expert quotes, treatments mentioned, action items. Start making positive changes today with these guides. Only available with 2020 VIP Access Pass.
Leave a comment
Back to top