Are Migraine Surgeries Worth It?
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What type of surgeries are available for people with migraine?
- What are the Reed and Omega procedures?
- Is there good evidence for surgeries for migraine?
- What are some of the side effects or risks for migraine surgery?
- Are there any life-long restrictions following migraine surgery?
- How difficult is it to reverse surgery or remove any implanted devices?
- Migraine surgery-based organizations make a lot of claims. What should we be wary about?
- Is there an ideal candidate that you would recommend for surgery?
- Is there a general point at which an implanted device typically stops working?
- What is Chiari malformation surgery?
William B. Young, MD
Neurologist and Headache Specialist
Jefferson Headache Center
Dr. William Young is a world-renowned pioneer in the field of migraine. He serves as the director of the Jefferson Headache Center in Philadelphia. He instructs neurologists on headache medicine and regularly publishes research on the topic. He is board-certified in neurology, psychiatry, and headache medicine. Dr. Young is a passionate advocate on eradicating the stigma of migraine. He fights on Capitol Hill for greater funding and research on migraine. In addition to his roles at the American Headache Society and the American Academy of Neurology, he is also president of the Alliance for Headache Disorders.
Get your own copy of the entire Summit
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 7 (2020) Treatments
The Association of Migraine Disorders (AMD) is devoted to expanding the understanding of migraine disease and its true scope. Migraine is a full body condition with a broad spectrum of symptoms, AMD is focused on including many medical specialties in the management of this disease.
Theranica develops advanced yet affordable electroceuticals, addressing a few prevalent neurological pain diseases. The company’s first FDA-authorized product, Nerivio™, is available in the US. Nerivio is an innovative, non-invasive, smartphone-operated, prescribed wearable for the acute treatment of migraine. 12% of the world’s population suffer from migraine, of which 80% are women. Being completely drug-free, Nerivio™ is a safe, addiction-free alternative in the multi-billion-dollar market of medications for migraine.
Summaries now available for every interview with expert quotes, treatments mentioned, action items. Start making positive changes today with these guides. Only available with 2020 VIP Access Pass.