Migraine Care for Busy People: New Online Health Solutions
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Some people postpone seeing a doctor because they are too busy. Is that a risky decision?
- Other people don’t see a doctor because they don’t know of one trained in treating migraine. Any recommendations?
- Why is it important to focus on your own healthcare needs before taking care of others?
- If you are seeing a doctor, how do you know if they offer telemedicine?
- How else is telemedicine currently offered?
- Can you see doctors out of state? What about internationally?
- Why is telemedicine often suitable for patients with migraine?
- In what circumstances is it wise to get telemedicine care and when should you be seen in person?
- Can you switch to telemedicine after you’ve established with a provider in person?
- How do you know if the quality of care you are receiving is good enough?
- How can you maximize the time in a telemedicine visit?
- What kind of migraine treatments can you get via telemedicine?
- Do healthcare plans cover telemedicine visits?
- How is payment handled if insurance doesn’t cover the visit?
- What about prescription refills?
- Can devices be obtained online as well?
- Any other practical tips for people with hectic schedules?
Please note: The Migraine World Summit’s aim is to bring you a variety of perspectives and expertise, independent of bias or judgment. Alternative theories presented in this video have not been medically reviewed. Views expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of the Migraine World Summit. Please always consult your health care professional and do your own research before making changes to your treatment plan.
Zubair Ahmed, MD
Dr. Zubair Ahmed is a neurologist who specializes in the management of migraine at The Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, one of the rising stars in headache medicine. Dr. Ahmed’s research interests lie in elucidating migraine aura pathophysiology and headache quality improvement. He presented the latest research on New Persistent Daily Headache at the 2017 International Headache Academy.
Interviews from Zubair Ahmed, MD
Pre-purchase full access to the entire 2024 Summit, including:
- All expert interviews with separate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with hours more expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee