Migraine and Psychological Comorbidities
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- How would treatment for migraine with a psychologist differ from treatment with a medical doctor?
- What is the functional model for primary headaches that you have developed?
- Who can benefit from the functional model?
- How do we escape the anxiety/pain feedback loop?
- Does the functional model replace medicinal treatment or work in conjunction with it?
- Do certain types of anxiety occur more often in people with migraine?
- Why do comorbid psychiatric conditions increase the risk of migraine disease evolving from episodic to chronic?
- Are there psychological treatments that can target both depression and migraine disease?
- What is social support and how does it relate to people with migraine disease?
- What can we do to increase our resilience?
- Migraine and depression comorbidity
- Migraine and ADHD comorbidity
- Migraine and bipolar disorder comorbidity
- Coronary-prone personality
- Migraine and its psychiatric comorbidities, chronification of migraine
- CBT for migraine with depressive disorder
- Behavioral therapy for adults with migraine
- Psychological Management of Chronic Headache by Paul R. Martin
Paul R. Martin, PhD
Australian National University
Paul R. Martin is professor of psychology, and director of the Research School of Psychology at the Australian National University. He is a clinical and health psychologist who completed his training at the Universities of Bristol and Oxford. He has held a number of professional leadership positions, including national president of the Australian Behaviour Modification Association, and director of science and then president of the Australian Psychological Society.
His main research interest has been headache and migraine, with subsidiary interests in stress, depression (including postnatal depression), and social support. He has authored/edited eight books and 160 journal articles and chapters. In 2003, he received a Centenary Medal “for service to Australian society and medicine,” and in 2015, he received a Medal of the Order of Australia “for service to medicine in the field of psychology.”
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 8 (2020) Taking Control
The European Migraine & Headache Alliance is a non-profit umbrella organization, that includes over 30 patient associations for Migraine, Cluster Headache, Trigeminal Neuralgia and other headache diseases, across Europe.
VYEPTI is a new treatment for the challenges you—or someone you know—may face with this condition.
There are now over 300 items listed in this updated directory of treatments, therapies, devices, procedures, strategies and approaches to treat or prevent migraine. Only available with 2020 VIP Access Pass.
Leave a comment
Back to top