Cognition and Aging Well with Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
- How does migraine change over time?
- As people age and approach their 60s and 70s, can the headache part of a migraine attack start to lessen and other symptoms become more bothersome?
- How does chronic migraine evolve over time?
- Is there hope for people with chronic migraine?
- What causes late onset migraine?
- How does treatment differ for late onset migraine?
- Is it possible to take triptans over the age of 65?
- Does migraine have a cumulative effect or damage over time?
- Should we be worried about white matter lesions in an MRI scan?
- What are some concerns about taking migraine medications long term?
- Does migraine confer any risk of dementia, stroke, or heart disease?
- Is there hope for people who have migraine at an older age?
- Late-life Accompaniments to Migraine and TMAs (Transient Migraine Accompaniments)
- The Diagnostic Evaluation of Secondary Headache Disorders
- Microstructural White Matter Changes Preceding White Matter Hyperintensities in Migraine
- Great Lakes Regional Headache Society
- Association of Migraine Disorders
- Shades for Migraine
- DENT Neurologic Institute
Shivang Joshi, MD, MPH, RPh
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy Practice and Headache Specialist
University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy, DENT Neurological Institute
Dr. Shivang Joshi is a doctor, pharmacist, and migraine and pharmacology expert. He is board-certified in neurology and headache medicine. Dr. Joshi is also an associate professor of clinical pharmacy practice at the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy. He is an award-winning researcher and teacher. He is a recipient of the American Headache Society’s 2012 “Frontiers in Headache Research” Scholarship Award for Cluster Headache Research, and the “Outstanding Teaching Award” from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He has recently joined DENT Neurologic Institute, where he treats existing and new patients.
Unlock full access to the entire 2020 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 8 (2020) Taking Control
There are now over 300 items listed in this updated directory of treatments, therapies, devices, procedures, strategies and approaches to treat or prevent migraine. Only available with 2020 VIP Access Pass.