Concussion & Continuous Post-Traumatic Headache
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What is post-traumatic headache?
- What are some common symptoms of post-traumatic headache?
- What sorts of injuries and conditions can result in post-traumatic headache?
- What happens anatomically during a concussion?
- Why are so many post-traumatic headaches refractory in nature?
- Is the presence of aura more common in post-traumatic headache?
- How is post-traumatic headache treated?
- What is the outlook for someone with continuous post-traumatic headache?
- Amitriptyline (Elavil)
- Baclofen (Lioresal)
- Beta blockers
- CGRP monoclonal antibodies (mAbs)
- CGRP receptor antagonists (gepants)
- Dihydroergotamine (DHE) nasal spray
- OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox)
- Topiramate (Topamax)
Please note: The Migraine World Summit’s aim is to bring you a variety of perspectives and expertise, independent of bias or judgment. Alternative theories presented in this video have not been medically reviewed. Views expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of the Migraine World Summit. Please always consult your health care professional and do your own research before making changes to your treatment plan.
Alan Finkel, MD
Carolina Headache Institute
Dr. Alan Finkel received his medical degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo and completed his residency in neurology and his pain/headache fellowship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is board certified in neurology, pain medicine, and headache medicine.
Dr. Finkel founded the nonprofit Carolina Headache Foundation. He was a Department of Defense contractor at the Intrepid Spirit Center’s Traumatic Brain Program of the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center at Fort Bragg, where he treated and studied military post-traumatic headache. His interests include medical education, traumatic brain injury/concussion, and healthcare policy and practice.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 8 – 2023
We support research for better treatments and a cure while advocating to improve the lives of those struggling with cluster headaches.
We’re working together to give employers and employees the tools they need to create healthier, stigma-free, and more productive workplaces for those living with migraine disease.
The VIP Treatment Directory lists over 300 options including treatments, therapies, devices, procedures, strategies and approaches to treat or prevent migraine. Only available with the VIP Access Pass. Learn more at the order page.
Leave a comment
Back to top