Botox: Separating Fact from Fiction
This talk is part of your free 2-day access as a registered MWS member. You will be able to watch the full interviews from Days 1 & 2. Unlock full summit access to ALL interviews by upgrading to an All Access Pass!
- Isn’t Botox mainly a beauty treatment?
- What exactly is Botox made of and is it dangerous?
- Are people who are using Botox for chronic migraine also getting cosmetic benefits?
- How strong is the evidence supporting Botox?
- How much does Botox cost?
- How common are unwanted side effects of Botox?
- Should I be concerned about the possibility of “frozen forehead?”
- Is Botox treatment painful?
- If I’m scheduled for a Botox treatment and I am having a severe migraine attack, should I still receive a treatment or wait until after my attack has passed?
- If you begin showing improvement after receiving Botox, how long should you continue receiving additional treatments?
- If I don’t see positive effects after the initial round of Botox, should I discontinue use?
- Can Botox lead to depression or anxiety?
- How do you know if your doctor is properly trained in giving Botox injections?
Find more about Andrew Blumenfeld, MD and his work here:
Andrew Blumenfeld, MD
Headache Center of Southern California, USA
Dr. Andrew Blumenfeld is director of the Headache Center of Southern California. He graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand Medical School, and completed a neurology residency at Johannesburg Hospital. In 1986, he moved to the United States and completed a neurology residency, an EEG and EMG fellowship, all at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He served as staff neurologist at Kaiser Permanente, San Diego from 1990 to 2004, and as chief of neurology Service at Kaiser, his unit was named a Neurotoxin Center of Excellence by Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Medical College.
Dr. Blumenfeld is board certified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society. He has published widely and has been an active researcher in headache. Dr. Blumenfeld has been a principal investigator for many research studies, and regularly addresses national pharmaceutical meetings, medical conferences, continuing education seminars, and community events.
Unlock full access to the entire 2019 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee