Treatment Spotlight: Nerve Blocks and Injections
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- How might various types of injection-based treatments affect migraine?What is the most appropriate phase of a migraine in which to get a nerve block?
- For chronic migraine, can repeated nerve blocks or Botox injections have a preventative effect?
Find more about Andrew Blumenfeld, MD and his work here:
Andrew Blumenfeld, MD
Headache Center of Southern California, USA
Dr. Andrew Blumenfeld is director of the Headache Center of Southern California. He graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand Medical School, and completed a neurology residency at Johannesburg Hospital. In 1986, he moved to the United States and completed a neurology residency, an EEG and EMG fellowship, all at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He served as staff neurologist at Kaiser Permanente, San Diego from 1990 to 2004, and as chief of neurology Service at Kaiser, his unit was named a Neurotoxin Center of Excellence by Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Medical College.
Dr. Blumenfeld is board certified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society. He has published widely and has been an active researcher in headache. Dr. Blumenfeld has been a principal investigator for many research studies, and regularly addresses national pharmaceutical meetings, medical conferences, continuing education seminars, and community events.
Get your own copy of the entire Summit
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee