The Latest on Medical Marijuana for Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Why are governments and health regulators changing laws and legalizing marijuana?
- Is there a legitimate therapeutic or health benefit of cannabis?
- What obstacles are there for doing research on cannabis, so that we know whether it will work for migraine?
- If marijuana has a legitimate role in medicine, why has it been illegal for so long?
- What is cannabis?
- How is it different or similar to marijuana?
- What is THC and CBD?
- What are endocannabinoids?
- What are common strains of cannabis?
- How might cannabis address migraine symptoms or comorbidities (nausea/vomiting, etc.)?
- Which strains or formulations of medical cannabis seem to be the most effective for migraine relief?
- How is medical cannabis different to “street” cannabis?
- What risks are involved?
- What should we expect in the future?
Find more about Eric Baron, DO and his work here:
Eric Baron, DO
Neurological Institute, Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic, USA
Dr. Eric P. Baron is a staff ABPN (American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology) Board Certified Neurologist and a UCNS (United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties) Diplomat Board Certified in Headache Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Neurological Institute, Center for Neurological Restoration – Headache and Chronic Pain Medicine, in Cleveland, Ohio.
He completed his Neurology Residency in 2009 at Cleveland Clinic, where he also served as Chief Neurology Resident. He then completed a Headache Medicine Fellowship in 2010, also at Cleveland Clinic, and has remained on as staff. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology at Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University.
He has been repeatedly recognized as a “Top Doctor” as voted for by his peers in Cleveland Magazine, and has been repeatedly named one of “America’s Top Physicians”. He is an author of the popular neurology board review book, Comprehensive Review in Clinical Neurology: A Multiple Choice Question Book for the Wards and Boards, 1st and 2nd editions, and has authored many publications across a broad range of migraine and headache related topics.
To help patients and health care providers who do not have easy access to a headache specialist referral due to a shortage, he created and manages the Virtual Headache Specialist migraine, headache, and facial pain educational content, blog, and personalized headache and facial pain symptom checker tool at virtualheadachespecialist.com.
Unlock all 32 expert interviews with your own copy of the 2022 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- 32 expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 26 extended, uncut interview editions
- Lifetime access with no annual fee