Treatment Spotlight: Triptans and Rebound
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What are rebound or medication overuse headaches?
- Why is it so often missed for healthcare professionals?
- What are telltale signs you have MOH?
- Why it’s so important to stop MOH
- How to break the cycle of MOH
- How to reduce the frequency of your attacks with rebound headache?
- How do you know if medication is being overused?
- Which medications do not cause MOH?
- How can those with several pain conditions (such as fibromyalgia) manage?
- How can combinations of treatments help or hinder progress?
- How can patients work with their doctors to overcome rebound headaches?
Find more about Richard Lipton, MD and his work here:
Richard Lipton, MD
Montefiore Headache Center
A noted authority on headache and migraine, Dr. Richard B. Lipton is director of the Montefiore Headache Center and the Edwin S. Lowe Chair of Neurology at Albert Einstein University in The Bronx, New York. Dr. Lipton is recognized internationally for his leadership in the diagnosis, classification, and treatment of headache disorders. A prolific researcher and writer, Dr. Lipton has published eight books and more than 600 original articles and reviews. He is a recipient of the Medical Book Award from the British Medical Association for his text Headache in Clinical Practice.
Dr. Lipton serves on the advisory council of the International Headache Society and is a former president of the American Headache Society. He is also an associate editor of Cephalalgia: An International Journal of Headache (the journal of the International Headache Society) and sits on the editorial boards of several journals, including Neurology. He is a three-time recipient of the H.G. Wolff Award for Excellence in Research from the American Headache Society (AHS). Dr. Lipton is also Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and of Epidemiology and Population Health.
Unlock full access to the entire 2018 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee