The New Era of Migraine: Hope and Help
This talk is part of your free 2-day access as a registered MWS member. You will be able to watch the full interviews from Days 1 & 2. Unlock full summit access to ALL interviews by upgrading to an All Access Pass!
Opening Night kicked off with three Top Experts in Migraine followed by two Celebrities, Kristin Chenoweth and Terrell Davis, sharing their migraine stories.
- What has been the journey in migraine as a researcher and doctor?
- What does cortical spreading depression look like on a PET scan?
- What is the global health impact of migraine?
- How many years do people with migraine lose to the disease?
- How has the knowledge of migraine shifted recently?
- Do blood vessels cause migraine pain?
- What is the typical timeline and phases of a migraine attack (visual image)?
- How does the pathophysiology of migraine influence clinical management?
- How did the CGRPs come about and what are they?
- What are the four major types of CGRP monoclonal antibodies?
- How does the CGRP development open the door to precision medicine
Find more about Andrew Charles, MD and his work here:
Andrew Charles, MD
UCLA Goldberg Migraine Program, USA
Dr. Andrew Charles is director of Headache Research and Treatment, and professor of neurology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. He leads the Goldberg Migraine Program, established in December 2015 with the largest single private grant ever for migraine research in order to develop new treatments and research a potential cure. He has served on the board of directors for the American Headache Society since 2010 and the board of trustees for the International Headache Society since 2011. Dr. Charles educates neurologists, headache specialists and primary care physicians around the world on headache research and treatment. He’s also been published in numerous medical journals such as Neurology and Headache and serves as an associate editor of Cephalalgia.
Unlock full access to the entire 2019 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee