What’s Holding Us Back From Getting the Care We Need?
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
Opening Night kicked off with three Top Experts in Migraine followed by two Celebrities, Kristin Chenoweth and Terrell Davis, sharing their migraine stories.
- What can we learn from other rights movements?
- Why is migraine still “unspoken”?
- What is stigma and how does it hold us back?
- What are the most credible reasons for calling in sick to work?
- Does migraine stigma affect the choices made by doctors and research scientists?
- How well funded is migraine?
- Why do we need more research?
- What is the reality for people with migraine?
- How big is the mountain between us and a cure?
- What is the cost of silence?
- What can we do about stigma?
- What is Headache on the Hill?
Find more about Dawn Buse, PhD and his work here:
Robert Shapiro, MD, PhD, MA
Professor of Neurological Sciences
University of Vermont
Dr. Shapiro is a professor in the Department of Neurological Sciences at the Larner College of Medicine, University of Vermont, where he is a practicing neurologist. Dr. Shapiro holds an MA (philosophy/psychology) from University of Oxford, a PhD (Anatomy) from University of Pennsylvania, and an MD from Columbia University. He completed his residency training in neurology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
He is the founding president of the Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy. His national advocacy efforts have been recognized by the American Academy of Neurology with their Palatucci Advocate of the Year and Viste Patient Advocate of the Year Awards, and by the American Headache Society with their Above & Beyond and Distinguished Service Awards. He is the past president of the Headache Cooperative of New England and winner of their Lifetime Achievement (‘Megrim’) Award.
His research studies have been recognized by the American Headache Society with the Harold G. Wolff Lecture Award. His publications have appeared in Nature, Science, Headache, Science Translational Medicine, and the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Unlock all 32 expert interviews with your own copy of the 2022 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- 32 expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 26 extended, uncut interview editions
- Lifetime access with no annual fee