Status Migraine: When Pain Doesn’t Stop
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
- What is status migraine?
- How common is status migraine?
- How can someone with chronic migraine know if they’re having individual daily attacks or one prolonged status migraine?
- How do low- and high-pressure headaches compare to status migraine?
- Is medication overuse headache, or rebound headache, sometimes confused with status migraine?
- Are some people more at risk for status migraine than others? What are some of the risk factors?
- What is the importance of prevention of migraine, particularly for those prone to status migraine?
- What can patients do when acute treatment fails?
- Do patients with status migraine always need to go to the emergency room or urgent care, or is there a backup plan they can follow to self-treat at home?
- What type of medical professionals are best suited for treating status migraine?
Christina Treppendahl, FNP-BC, AQH, MHD
Family Nurse Practitioner and Director
The Headache Center in Mississippi
Ms. Treppendahl is the founder and director of the Annual Mississippi Headache Symposium, The Headache Center Institute, The Headache Center Fellowship, Headache Neurology Research Institute, and The Headache Center in Mississippi. She is a board-certified family nurse practitioner with a specialty in headache and migraine.
Ms. Treppendahl was awarded a Certificate of Added Qualification in Headache Medicine from the National Headache Foundation in 2016, and she was awarded America’s Top Nurse Practitioner in 2018. She has been invited to participate on advisory boards, serve as a consultant, and has presented nationally and internationally on the topic of headache.
She is an active member of the International Headache Society, the American Headache Society, the National Headache Foundation, the Southern Headache Society, the Headache Cooperative of New England, and the Headache Cooperative of the Pacific. She is currently completing her master of headache disorders at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Unlock full access to the entire 2020 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 3 (2020) Types
Over the past 50 years, our mission at the National Headache Foundation has been to further awareness of headache and migraine as legitimate neurobiological diseases. Much has changed during this time. With aid from advanced technology and clinical innovation, there are more treatment options than ever before. However, we understand that these diseases are still largely misunderstood and that finding the right treatment options for you requires insight.
Recording a migraine is a breeze. Migraine Buddy offers an intuitive interface with an easy-to-use wizard style questionnaire. Track your potential triggers every day to see which ones are the likely causes of your migraines.
Provides insightful and detailed reports for your migraines. It helps identify potential triggers and lifestyle factors which could cause migraines. Also, it helps your doctor to assess the effectiveness of prescribed medication and relief methods.
Adjust video play speed to go faster or slower. Tweak video controls if you are feeling a bit impatient or brain-foggy. You can also adjust the video resolution if your internet connection is busy.