COVID-19 and migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- How are people living with migraine being affected by the pandemic?
- Discuss impact on access to medications, access to healthcare professionals?
- Who are the more vulnerable populations within migraine?
- Are there any drugs or treatments that patients should be especially careful with?
- How can people improve their immunity?
- How can people practice good hygiene when performing essential tasks like groceries or medical supplies?
- Why is exercise helpful for migraine and why does it trigger some people?
- How can we maintain any migraine benefits achieved during the COVID shutdown?
- How could poor sleep and lack of exercise be addressed during the pandemic?
- And many more questions from the live audience
The Migraine World Summit will be running a live expert webinar EVERY DAY during the June Replay of the 2020 Migraine World Summit, June 10 – 19
Live attendance for each webinar will be available exclusively for those who purchased an All Access, VIP, or Box Set Pass for the 2020 Migraine World Summit. This is a special opportunity for customers to connect with a different expert each day, engage in live Q&A, and interact with other participants and Summit hosts.
If you didn’t buy an Access Pass, don’t worry! The recording of each webinar will be shared with the entire Migraine World Summit community on this page shortly after the live event takes place, allowing everyone to take advantage of the important information presented during that day’s webinar.
This is our way to recognize those who have supported the 2020 Migraine World Summit financially while making sure our entire community has access to critical information about the changes taking place in the migraine community and beyond.
Each day during the Replay period, the live webinar will take place at 5:00 pm Eastern Time (New York).
Here’s the lineup for the webinar topics:
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 10 – Mental Health & Building Resilience
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 11 – Understanding Causes
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 12 – COVID-19 Considerations for Migraine Patients
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 13 – Understanding Symptoms
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 14 – Understanding Triggers
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 15 – Non-Drug Options
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 16 – New Treatments
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 17 – Telemedicine
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 18 – Finding Calm in a Crisis
- 5:00 pm (ET) June 19 – The Role of Self Management
Don’t miss out! Get your access pass here to attend the live expert webinars.
Shivang Joshi, MD, MPH, RPh
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy Practice and Headache Specialist
University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy, DENT Neurological Institute
Dr. Shivang Joshi is a doctor, pharmacist, and migraine and pharmacology expert. He is board-certified in neurology and headache medicine. Dr. Joshi is also an associate professor of clinical pharmacy practice at the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy. He is an award-winning researcher and teacher. He is a recipient of the American Headache Society’s 2012 “Frontiers in Headache Research” Scholarship Award for Cluster Headache Research, and the “Outstanding Teaching Award” from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He has recently joined DENT Neurologic Institute, where he treats existing and new patients.
Unlock full access to the entire 2020 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 3 (2020) Types
Over the past 50 years, our mission at the National Headache Foundation has been to further awareness of headache and migraine as legitimate neurobiological diseases. Much has changed during this time. With aid from advanced technology and clinical innovation, there are more treatment options than ever before. However, we understand that these diseases are still largely misunderstood and that finding the right treatment options for you requires insight.
Recording a migraine is a breeze. Migraine Buddy offers an intuitive interface with an easy-to-use wizard style questionnaire. Track your potential triggers every day to see which ones are the likely causes of your migraines.
Provides insightful and detailed reports for your migraines. It helps identify potential triggers and lifestyle factors which could cause migraines. Also, it helps your doctor to assess the effectiveness of prescribed medication and relief methods.
Adjust video play speed to go faster or slower. Tweak video controls if you are feeling a bit impatient or brain-foggy. You can also adjust the video resolution if your internet connection is busy.