Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What is neuroplasticity?
- How does mindfulness meditation help with headache disorders?
- Are there any negative side effects of mindfulness meditation?
- Is mindfulness meditation based on religion?
- What is the difference between mindfulness and meditation?
- How does meditation change the brain?
- What is the role of stress in migraine disease and what is the impact of mindfulness meditation?
- Is there evidence that mindfulness meditation can help with migraine disease?
- When should a person living with migraine disease consider mindfulness meditation?
Rebecca Wells, MD, MPH
Neurologist and Headache Specialist
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Dr. Rebecca Erwin Wells is an expert in Headache Medicine and Integrative Medicine, having completed fellowships in both specialties through Harvard Medical School. She has NIH funding to research mind-body interventions for migraine relief, evaluating the efficacy and mechanisms of meditative treatments for stress reduction and pain control. Dr. Wells is an Associate Professor of Neurology at Wake Forest Baptist Health in North Carolina, where she founded and directs their Comprehensive Headache Program and serves as an Associate Director of Clinical Research at their Center for Integrative Medicine. She has been a “Best Doctor of America” since 2015, serves as Treasurer of the Southern Headache Society, and is actively involved in the American Headache Society.
Unlock full access to the entire 2020 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 6 (2020) Alternative Treatments
Miles for Migraine is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of improving the lives of people with migraine and other headache disorders, and their families, by raising public awareness about this disease, and helping to find a cure. Miles for Migraine produces fun walk/run events, typically a 2-mile walk and 5K and 10K races to raise money for migraine research. We also host adult education days, and a youth program for kids and teens impacted by migraine and other headache disorders.
Comfortable and easy-to-use, the FDA-Cleared CEFALY Dual device stimulates and desensitizes the area research identifies as a center for migraine pain, the trigeminal nerve.
Since CEFALY is not a drug, it can be used as a standalone option or with an existing treatment. The ACUTE setting is clinically proven to stop or reduce migraine pain during an attack. With compliant daily use, the PREVENT setting is clinically proven to reduce the frequency of migraine days.
Note the most important information shared in each interview. Keep track of what you need to remember, do and share this year. Only available to those who have registered by email and remain logged in.