CBD Oil for Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
- What is the difference between marijuana and hemp?
- What are the health benefits of CBD?
- What are the concerns with using CBD?
- Should CBD be used as a preventive or acute medication for migraine?
- What is the connection between neuro-inflammation and migraine?
- Why don’t we have good studies on the effects of marijuana?
- How has public opinion on marijuana changed?
- Is THC more effective for migraine than CBD?
- What are the difficulties for patients trying to use marijuana in the U.S.?
- How long would it take to see results from a maintenance dose of CBD or marijuana?
- Is there a lethal dose of CBD or THC?
Stephen Silberstein, MD
Director and Headache Specialist
Jefferson Headache Center
Dr. Stephen D. Silberstein is the director of the Headache Center at Jefferson University Hospital. He is certified by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties in Headache Medicine. Dr. Silberstein has had over 40 years of distinguished medical service. He has been decorated with Philadelphia Magazine Top Doc Awards (2010-2015), and he has received over a dozen other awards throughout his distinguished career. He holds several editorial and advisory board responsibilities for major headache, migraine, and pain publications including Cephalalgia, WebMD, Medscape, CNS Drugs, Current Pain and Headache Reports and Practical Neurology.
Over the course of his career, Dr. Silberstein has authored or co-authored over 100 hundred articles, chapters, and abstracts. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Neurology, a fellow of the American College of Physicians, and a fellow of the American Neurological Association. He is also a long-serving member and previous past president of the American Headache Society.
Unlock full access to the entire 2020 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 6 (2020) Alternative Treatments
Miles for Migraine is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of improving the lives of people with migraine and other headache disorders, and their families, by raising public awareness about this disease, and helping to find a cure. Miles for Migraine produces fun walk/run events, typically a 2-mile walk and 5K and 10K races to raise money for migraine research. We also host adult education days, and a youth program for kids and teens impacted by migraine and other headache disorders.
Comfortable and easy-to-use, the FDA-Cleared CEFALY Dual device stimulates and desensitizes the area research identifies as a center for migraine pain, the trigeminal nerve.
Since CEFALY is not a drug, it can be used as a standalone option or with an existing treatment. The ACUTE setting is clinically proven to stop or reduce migraine pain during an attack. With compliant daily use, the PREVENT setting is clinically proven to reduce the frequency of migraine days.
Note the most important information shared in each interview. Keep track of what you need to remember, do and share this year. Only available to those who have registered by email and remain logged in.