Concussion, Sports-Related Headache & Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
Find more about Tad Seifert, MD and his work here:
- Concussion rates amongst high risk sports free REPORT note: high risk sports such as Mixed Martial Arts and Boxing are not NCAA sports included in the study.
- American Headache Society – http://www.americanheadachesociety.org/
- Follow Dr Seifert on Twitter @neurodoctad
- You can find Dr Seifert at Norton Healthcare
Tad Seifert, MD
Director of Sport Concussion Program
Dr Tad Seifert is the Director of the Norton Healthcare’s Sports Concussion Program and is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. He has fellowship in Headache and Facial pain at the renowned Houston Headache Clinic. In 2013, he was appointed head of the NCAA Headache Task Force, where he oversees clinical research related to headache in college athletes. Dr. Seifert also serves as a board member of the Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Authority. Dr. Seifert’s clinical practice involves interpreting preseason baseline and follow-up testing, diagnosing and managing concussions, and following patients after injury. The comprehensive Sports Concussion Program is composed of multidisciplinary services, including neurology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, emergency medicine, neuroradiology, sports medicine and physical therapy. Dr. Seifert cares for athletes of all ages and levels, from youth sports to professional leagues.
Unlock full access to the entire 2016 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee