Behavioural Treatments for Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What is a functional analysis of headaches?
- What are some proven effective behavioral treatments for migraine?
- What conventional advice do you caution against for trigger management?
Paul R. Martin, PhD
Australian National University
Paul R. Martin is professor of psychology, and director of the Research School of Psychology at the Australian National University. He is a clinical and health psychologist who completed his training at the Universities of Bristol and Oxford. He has held a number of professional leadership positions, including national president of the Australian Behaviour Modification Association, and director of science and then president of the Australian Psychological Society.
His main research interest has been headache and migraine, with subsidiary interests in stress, depression (including postnatal depression), and social support. He has authored/edited eight books and 160 journal articles and chapters. In 2003, he received a Centenary Medal “for service to Australian society and medicine,” and in 2015, he received a Medal of the Order of Australia “for service to medicine in the field of psychology.”
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee