When Migraine Disables But Doesn’t Hurt
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What are the two primary types of migraine?
- Can migraine with aura occur without the head pain?
- What types of head pain can occur with migraine?
- Are patients with aura more at risk of stroke?
- Should women with migraine with aura take estrogen-containing pills for contraception?
- How can we tell the difference between migraine with aura and a stroke
- How soon after an aura begins should the patient take their migraine medications?
- What are some medications used to prevent migraine with aura?
- What are some medications for patients with hemiplegic migraine or basilar-type migraine?
Find more about Shazia Afridi, MD, PhD and her work here:
Shazia Afridi, MD, PhD
Headache Lead for Neurology
Guy's and St. Thomas' NHS Trust, London, UK
Dr. Afridi qualified from Guy’s and St Thomas’ Medical School in London with an intercalated neuroscience degree. Following her basic medical training in London, she completed her PhD at the Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, looking at functional imaging in migraine. She then went on to complete her higher training in London and is a consultant neurologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, where she established the headache service in the neurology department. Her research interests include imaging in migraine and complex migraine aura. Dr. Afridi has been a council member of BASH (British Association for the Study of Headache) and is a trustee for The Migraine Trust. She was also on the scientific committee for The Migraine Trust International Symposium in 2018.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Leave a comment
Back to top