Diagnosing Pressure Headaches vs. CSF Leaks
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Why is low-pressure headache misdiagnosed as chronic migraine?
- What is postural headache?
- What exactly is cerebral spinal fluid (CSF)?
- What are high- and low-pressure headaches?
- What are the risk factors for high- and low-pressure headaches?
- What are the symptoms of high-pressure headache (pseudotumor cerebri or idiopathic intracranial hypertension)?
- What is papilledema and how is it used to diagnose high-pressure headache?
- What is a spinal tap?
- How is high-pressure headache treated?
- What is low-pressure headache (spontaneous intracranial hypotension, or SIH)?
- What are the treatments for low pressure, or SIH?
Find more about Deborah Friedman, MD, MPH, FAAN and her work here:
Deborah Friedman, MD, MPH, FAAN, FAHS
Neurologist, Headache Specialist, Neuro-Ophthalmologist & Adjunct Professor
Thomas Jefferson University
Dr. Deborah Friedman is a neurologist specializing in headache medicine and neuro-ophthalmology in Dallas, Texas. She was the founding director of the Headache and Facial Pain Program and Cerebrospinal Fluid Dynamics Program at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. She is board certified in neurology and headache medicine, and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Headache Society, the American Neurological Association, and the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (NANOS).
She served on the board of directors for the American Headache Society and the Southern Headache Society, as a past president of NANOS, and on the steering committee for the Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Treatment Trial. She has published over 130 articles in peer-reviewed journals and 27 book chapters. Her key interests are intracranial pressure disorders, migraine, and cluster headache.
Pre-purchase full access to the entire [YEAR] Summit, including:
- All expert interviews with separate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee