Understanding Migraine-Related Mood Disorders
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Which mood disorders are most commonly linked to migraine disease?
- Do psychiatric conditions usually appear before migraine disease or vice versa?
- Why have I been prescribed an antidepressant if I do not suffer from a psychiatric condition?
- What anxiety disorders are related to migraine disease?
- What symptoms should I look for if I am not sure if I have anxiety?
- Is bipolar disorder more common in people who experience the pain and disability of migraine disease?
- What are some effective therapies for people with migraine disease?
- Are these therapies covered by insurance?
- What should I do if my insurance does not cover these therapies?
- The New England Institute for Neurology and Headache
- Headache Cooperative of New England
- American Headache Society
- Association Between Primary Headaches and Depression in Young Adults in Southern Brazil
- American Academy of Neurology
- Panic Disorder and Migraine: Comorbidity, Mechanisms and Clinical Implications
Steven M. Baskin, PhD
Psychologist and Founder
New England Center for Headache, Behavioral Medicine
Steve Baskin, PhD, started the Behavioral Medicine Service at the New England Center for Headache in Stamford, Connecticut, and he is an attending psychologist at Greenwich Hospital of Yale-New Haven Health. He is a past president of the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB). He is a current member of the board of directors of the Headache Cooperative of New England and a past board member of the American Headache Society and the Connecticut Psychological Association.
He is on the editorial board of the Journal of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, and a frequent reviewer for the journals Headache and Cephalalgia. He lectures frequently at national and international meetings, and he has published extensively on primary headache disorders, most recently on comorbid psychiatric factors that may chronify migraine and complicate treatment.
Unlock all 32 expert interviews with your own copy of the 2022 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- 32 expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 26 extended, uncut interview editions
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 4 (2020) Symptoms
Get 25% off at axonoptics.com when you use the code MWS25. Axon Optics develops eyewear with proprietary filters that block the wavelengths of light implicated in triggering and aggravating migraine attacks and light sensitivity.
Over 90% of people with migraine report a sensitivity to light. Axon eyewear has been shown to reduce headache impact by 24% and light sensitivity impact by 38%.
Thousands wear Axon Optics. A recent customer stated “Attacks went from literally every day of the week to at worse once to twice per month.”
You are automatically logged in once you register. Login is not required but it allows you to use more features like tracking your progress, marking favorites note-taking and more. You can log out at any time.