Autoimmune Diseases and Facial Pain
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What is an autoimmune disorder?
- What kind of doctor can effectively address an autoimmune disorder?
- What are the most common autoimmune disorders?
- Does migraine cause autoimmune disorders?
- What is Sjogren’s syndrome?
- Is facial pain or allodynia associated with migraine different from Sjogren’s?
- What does scleroderma have in common with migraine?
- What role does inflammation play both in migraine and autoimmune disorders?
- Is there a connection between migraine and either fibromyalgia or lupus?
- Are there therapies that can be helpful for both migraine and autoimmune diseases?
Hossein Ansari, MD
Neurologist and Headache Specialist
UC San Diego
Dr. Hossein Ansari is a board-certified neurologist, associate professor and certified headache specialist at UC San Diego, where he specializes in diagnosing and treating headaches and facial pain. Dr. Ansari’s clinical expertise also includes developing guidelines for managing headaches in the emergency room, trigeminal neuropathy, Botox administration and nerve blocks and sphenopalatine ganglion (SPG) block procedures for head/facial pain, as well as neurological problems resulting from systemic disease.
Dr. Ansari is a fellow of both the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society. He is an active member of numerous professional societies, including the International Headache Society, where he serves on the advisory council.
Unlock full access to the entire 2020 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee