Pain, Memory and Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Do other types of chronic pain impair cognitive functioning?
- Does chronic pain damage the brain?
- Are there changes in the brain of people with migraine?
- What is happening when we have brain fog?
- Why does cognitive functioning feel impaired most of the time with chronic migraine?
- What role does inflammation play in pervasive cognitive symptoms?
- Why do we have difficulty with memory during a migraine attack?
- Why does memory loss seem to persist beyond the migraine attack?
- Do migraines increase cognitive decline as we age?
- Are there any enduring effects from long term medication use?
Jack D. Schim, MD
Neurologist, Headache Specialist and Partner
The Neurology Center of Southern California
Dr. Schim is board certified in neurology, and has certification in headache medicine by the United Council of Neurologic Subspecialties. Dr. Schim has been chair of the division of neuroscience at Scripps Hospital, Encinitas, and medical director of the stroke program at Tri-City Medical Center. He is a past president of the Association of California Neurologists and an active member of the American Academy of Neurology, American Stroke Association and American Headache Society. He is a board member and the immediate past president of the Headache Consortium of the Pacific, chairperson and director of the California Chapter, Alliance for Patient Access, and a board member and past president of the American Heart Association, San Diego.
He has published articles in Experimental Neurology, Current Medical Research and Opinion, Pain Practice, Headache, and Neurology. He has been a clinical investigator in multiple clinical trials and he has been a speaker and consultant on the topic of headache and migraine. Currently he is a partner in The Neurology Center, in Encinitas, California, and is co-director of the Headache Center of Southern California. He enjoys travel, and is an avid photographer and surfer.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 4 (2020) Symptoms
MRF is a 501(c)(3) charity that raises money to award grants to researchers from around the world who are working to discover the causes, improve the treatments, and find a cure for migraine.
Get 25% off at axonoptics.com when you use the code MWS25. Axon Optics develops eyewear with proprietary filters that block the wavelengths of light implicated in triggering and aggravating migraine attacks and light sensitivity.
Over 90% of people with migraine report a sensitivity to light. Axon eyewear has been shown to reduce headache impact by 24% and light sensitivity impact by 38%.
Thousands wear Axon Optics. A recent customer stated “Attacks went from literally every day of the week to at worse once to twice per month.”
You are automatically logged in once you register. Login is not required but it allows you to use more features like tracking your progress, marking favorites note-taking and more. You can log out at any time.
Leave a comment
Back to top