Treating Each Phase of a Migraine Attack
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
- What is a migraine attack?
- What is cortical spreading depression, or CSD?
- What are the known mechanisms behind a migraine attack?
- Is migraine purely genetic?
- What is epigenetics?
- What can you expect from a treatment plan for migraine?
- What are triptans used for? How many kinds and formats are there?
- How do migraine patients respond to different triptans?
- At what point should a migraine patient consider non-triptan forms of abortive medication or preventative drug treatments?
- What new treatments for migraine are coming out soon?
Find more about Antoinette Maassen van den Brink, PhD and her work here:
Antoinette Maassen van den Brink, PhD
Associate Professor of Pharmacology
Erasmus MC, Netherlands
Dr. Antoinette Maassen van den Brink is an associate professor at the Erasmus University Medical Center Department of Pharmacology. She has been studying migraine for more than 20 years, with recent emphasis on the role of female sex hormones in the disease’s neurovascular pharmacology. She serves as a board member for the Dutch Society for Gender & Health, the Dutch Pharmacological Society, the Federation of European Pharmacological Societies, the Dutch Headache Society, and the European Headache Federation.
Unlock full access to the entire 2019 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee