Tips to Ensure You’re Getting the Best Care Possible
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What should be documented in a patient headache diary and how can it assist in treatment?
- How is a headache clinic different from a primary care physician’s or neurologist’s office?
- What can a migraine patient do to help make sure migraine is recognized and treated appropriately?
Find more about Dawn Buse, PhD and her work here:
Timothy R. Smith, MD, RPH
President & CEO
Dr. Timothy R. Smith is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American Headache Society, a certified physician investigator of the Academy of Clinical Research Professionals, and Vice President of the National Headache Foundation. He has been the principal investigator of more than 200 clinical trials and original research projects. He has over 40 peer-reviewed publications to his credit, and has written over 200 other articles, abstracts, and book chapters over the course of his career. Dr. Smith has a special interest in patient and physician issues that relate to treatment of headache in primary care. An advisor to research organizations, educational foundations, and pharmaceutical corporations, Dr. Smith is a frequent lecturer on headache topics at a national level.
Dr. Smith has received a number of awards in the field of headache management, including the Migraine Innovators Award, the NHF Lectureship Award and the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award with Special Commendation. His research has twice been awarded the AHS’s Kaplan Award for Research in Chronic Daily Headache. In 2015, Dr. Smith was honored with the National Headache Foundation’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee