When Migraine Starts or Stays in Your Neck
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- How prevalent is neck pain for those with migraine?
- What is the trigeminal cervical complex?
- What is the difference between primary and secondary headache?
- How do we know if neck pain is a symptom of a migraine attack or if it’s triggering the attack?
- What are trigger point injections?
- What is cervicogenic headache?
- What is occipital neuralgia?
- How can we distinguish between occipital neuralgia and migraine with neck pain?
- Can Botox help relieve neck pain with migraine?
- How do we determine whether neck pain is a symptom of a migraine attack or caused by a structural or neurological issue apart from migraine?
- What types of imaging studies are done for neck pain?
- What are the treatments for neck pain that may be triggering a migraine attack?
- What is radiofrequency ablation (neurotomy)?
- How does posture affect the neck and migraine?
- Is it better to use heat or ice for neck pain?
- Which nonmedical interventions are helpful for neck pain with migraine?
Sait Ashina, MD
Assistant Professor of Neurology and Anesthesia
Harvard Medical School
Dr. Sait Ashina is an assistant professor of neurology and anesthesia at Harvard Medical School, as well as the director of the Comprehensive Headache Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He is a prolific researcher and is board certified in neurology and headache medicine. Dr. Ashina is a member of the education and classification committees of the International Headache Society. He serves on the advisory board for The Journal of Headache and Pain, and is associate editor of Neurology Reviews and BMC Neurology.
Unlock all 32 expert interviews with your own copy of the 2022 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- 32 expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 26 extended, uncut interview editions
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 7 (2021)
The Association of Migraine Disorders (AMD) is devoted to expanding the understanding of migraine disease and its true scope. Migraine is a full body condition with a broad spectrum of symptoms, AMD is focused on including many medical specialties in the management of this disease.