Fighting Migraine With Food and Nutrition
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What nutrients or foods that are good for the brain are also good for preventing migraine?
- How do the CGRP medications affect inflammation in the body?
- What are some examples of key nutrients that are beneficial to the migraine brain?
- How familiar are most doctors and health care providers with the concept of using food as medicine?
- What are some good food sources of magnesium?
- What are omega-3’s, and in which foods can they be found?
- Are eggs that are fortified with omega-3’s worth incorporating into our diets?
- What is riboflavin, or vitamin B2, and in which foods can it be found?
- Can’t people just get the beneficial nutrients, like magnesium, riboflavin and the omega-3’s, from supplements?
- Where can the less healthy omega-6’s be found?
- What advice do you give patients who have anxiety about foods that might be migraine triggers?
- How does your DREAMS acronym — which stands for Diet, Respirations, Exercise, Altruism, Mindfulness, and Sleep — empower people with migraine to get better control of the disease?
- Why do you believe altruism is important to a person’s sense of well-being?
- What are some examples of altruism you’ve been seeing during the pandemic?
Belinda Savage-Edwards, MD, FAAN, AQH
Rehabilitation & Neurological Services, Alabama
Belinda Savage-Edwards, M.D., is a neurologist with over 30 years of experience in the medical field, specializing in headache, neuromuscular and movement disorders, and neurodegenerative disorders. She holds board certifications from the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, and in headache medicine through the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties. In addition, she holds a certification in Added Qualifications in Headache Medicine by the National Headache Foundation. She was selected as an Alabama delegate for Neurology on the Hill in Washington, D.C., and the Academy of Neurology’s inaugural leadership program, Live Well, Lead Well. She is the principal investigator for numerous adult and pediatric migraine clinical trials; and is in private practice in Huntsville, Alabama.
Pre-purchase full access to the entire 2024 Summit, including:
- All expert interviews with separate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with hours more expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 7 (2021)
The Association of Migraine Disorders (AMD) is devoted to expanding the understanding of migraine disease and its true scope. Migraine is a full body condition with a broad spectrum of symptoms, AMD is focused on including many medical specialties in the management of this disease.