Treating Attacks: Real Patient Case Studies
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
- Can you can describe several patient case studies that represent different patients in your clinic?
- What do you do with them?
- What is their biggest need?
- What was prescribed? Why?
- How do you develop management strategies for your patients with migraine?
- What are some common themes across these case studies?
- Can stubborn migraine be managed and controlled?
- What role does the doctor need to play in migraine management?
- What role and responsibilities does the patient have in their own migraine management?
- How do you measure success for acute treatments?
- How do you measure success for chronic migraine patients?
Find more about Rashmi Halker Singh, MD and her work here:
Rashmi Halker Singh, MD
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Mayo Clinic, USA
Dr. Rashmi B. Halker Singh is a fellowship-trained, board-certified headache neurologist at Mayo Clinic. She attended medical school at Wayne State University in Detroit, before completing her neurology residency and headache medicine fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, where she then joined faculty. At Mayo, she serves as the headache fellowship program director as well as the co-course director for the Mayo Clinic Headache Symposium. She is very involved with seeing patients, educating medical students, neurology residents, and headache fellows, and also with headache-related clinical research. She has also written many book chapters and peer-reviewed articles on topics pertaining to migraine and other headache disorders. Additionally, Dr. Halker Singh is very engaged with the American Headache Society, where, among other things, she serves as the chair of the Women’s Issues Special Interest Group, has helped develop leadership courses for women physicians, and was part of the 2016 Class of Emerging Leaders. Dr. Halker Singh has written many book chapters and peer-reviewed articles on topics pertaining to migraine and other headache disorders.
Unlock full access to the entire 2019 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee