Hope for Refractory Chronic Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- How does migraine progress from episodic to chronic, and then to refractory headache?
- When changes occur, why is it important to keep a record of the number of days with migraine and the use of acute drugs?
- Why will CGRP antagonists be important in the treatment of refractory migraine?
- How is refractory migraine defined?
- How could incorrect use of onobotulinumtoxinA lead to refractory headache?
- Is inpatient treatment necessary for the refractory migraine patient?
- Why is it so important to be treated by a migraine specialist?
- How will more physicians be trained to treat migraine patients?
Find more about Paolo Martelletti, MD and his work here:
Paolo Martelletti, MD
Professor & Director, Master of Headache Medicine
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Dr. Paolo Martelletti is director of internal medicine and of the emergency medicine ward at Sant’Andrea Hospital, and associate professor at Sapienza University of Rome. He is the past president of the European Headache Federation and the Italian Society for the Study of Headache. He has also been chairman of the World Health Organization’s global campaign against headache called Lifting The Burden. Dr. Martelletti has published over 400 articles and book chapters. He is the editor-in-chief and founder of The Journal of Headache and Pain, and has served as an editor of many other journals.
Unlock all 32 expert interviews with your own copy of the 2022 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- 32 expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 26 extended, uncut interview editions
- Lifetime access with no annual fee