The Latest Cannabis Research for Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Is there good evidence for the use of CBD for migraine and other chronic pain conditions?
- What things should be considered before trying CBD?
- Are there any concerns or risks with using CBD?
- What is cannabis? What are its components?
- What are endocannabinoids?
- Is there a difference in the endocannabinoid systems of people with episodic migraine versus those with chronic migraine?
- Is it possible that someone could have an endocannabinoid deficiency?
- What are the psychoactive effects of THC?
- What are some ways to benefit from THC without the side effects of being “high”?
- What is considered a low dose of THC?
- Is it better to use a combination of THC and CBD? What is a good ratio to start with if you’re new to cannabis?
- When did people start using cannabis for pain?
- How does cannabis act on the brain, and what is the mechanism for pain relief?
- Is there any distinction between the terms “cannabis” and “marijuana”?
- Even though it’s legal in some areas, why is there still a stigma associated with cannabis?
- Why are patients sometimes reluctant to discuss the use of cannabis as a treatment with their doctors?
- What is hemp?
- What are some of the ways CBD and/or THC can be administered? What are the safest?
- What are some of the safety concerns associated with vaporization or “vaping” cannabis products?
- Why do some people who take cannabis edibles end up in the ER?
- What can you tell us about your study on cannabinoids and migraine that’s in progress?
- Is there any other such research in the works?
- Has CBD been studied for migraine prevention?
- What are some recommendations for someone who is new to cannabis and might want to try it for migraine?
- What is the best way to try a CBD product for acute migraine treatment?
- Why is there such variation in how different people react to cannabis?
Find more about Nathaniel M. Schuster, MD and his work here:
Please note: The Migraine World Summit’s aim is to bring you a variety of perspectives and expertise, independent of bias or judgment. Alternative theories presented in this video have not been medically reviewed. Views expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of the Migraine World Summit. Please always consult your health care professional and do your own research before making changes to your treatment plan.
Nathaniel M. Schuster, MD
Associate Professor & Associate Clinic Director
University of California, San Diego Center for Pain Medicine
Unlock all 32 expert interviews with your own copy of the 2022 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- 32 expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 26 extended, uncut interview editions
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 8 (2022)
The VIP Treatment Directory lists over 300 options including treatments, therapies, devices, procedures, strategies and approaches to treat or prevent migraine. Only available with the VIP Access Pass. Learn more at the order page.