Drug Interactions with Common Migraine Meds
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What’s the difference between a side effect and an adverse event to a medication?
- How common are side effects and adverse events?
- Why are migraine patients at higher risk of medication-related adverse events?
- What are typical side effects for common migraine medications, such as topiramate, propranolol, valproate, antidepressants, and triptans?
- What is serotonin syndrome and how do you know if you have it?
- What are the most common supplements migraine patients take, and what are their potential side effects?
- When should a migraine patient report symptoms of a possible adverse event?
- What should you do if you’re taking a brand new drug and you think you may be experiencing an adverse event?
- What is pharmacogenetics and why is it important for migraine patients?
Find more about Shivang Joshi, MD, RPh and his work here:
- University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy (and Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- DENT Neurologic Institute
- Dr. Oz – A New Migraine Medication with Dr. Shivang Joshi [clip]
- American Headache Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- American Migraine Foundation
- Great Lakes Regional Headache Society
- Shades For Migraine
- Dent Institute
Shivang Joshi, MD, MPH, RPh
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy Practice and Headache Specialist
University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy, DENT Neurological Institute
Dr. Shivang Joshi is a doctor, pharmacist, and migraine and pharmacology expert. He is board-certified in neurology and headache medicine. Dr. Joshi is also an associate professor of clinical pharmacy practice at the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy. He is an award-winning researcher and teacher. He is a recipient of the American Headache Society’s 2012 “Frontiers in Headache Research” Scholarship Award for Cluster Headache Research, and the “Outstanding Teaching Award” from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He has recently joined DENT Neurologic Institute, where he treats existing and new patients.
Get your own copy of the entire Summit
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee