Tension Type Headache vs. Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this talk. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle!
- How do the diagnostic criteria for migraine differ from those of tension-type headache?
- How are chronic migraine and chronic tension-type headache alike?
- Can a headache start out as a tension-type headache and then transform into a migraine attack?
- What triggers a tension-type headache?
- Does stress play a role in a tension-type headache?
- If you have both migraine and tension-type headaches, should you be treated with preventives for both?
- What are the S.E.E.D.S. of success in headache management?
- Do triptans work for tension-type headache?
- What are some alternative therapies for tension-type headaches?
- Are there natural supplements that can help with tension-type headaches?
Find more about Larry Newman, MD and his work here:
S.E.E.D.S. acronym discussed in:
Lawrence C. Newman, MD
NYU Langone Headache Division, USA
Dr. Lawrence Newman is a neurology professor at NYU Langone School of Medicine and a migraine warrior himself. He truly understands the desperation we all feel when it seems like we’re out of treatment options. As director of the headache division at NYU Langone, Dr. Newman leads a team of board-certified neurologists and headache specialists to treat people who have migraine, cluster headache, trigeminal neuralgia, or other headache-related disorders using a variety of approaches — not just the standard therapies. His research has been published in Neurology, Headache, Cephalalgia, and other medical journals. Dr. Newman is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the National Headache Foundation, and the International Headache Society, and he is the former president of the American Headache Society. He’s an outside-the-box thinker who approaches every case with tenacity and humanity to find the best treatments for each person.
Unlock full access to the entire 2019 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee