Physical Therapy Modalities for Headache & Pain
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- How can physical therapy help with migraine?
- Why are the applications for physical therapy expanding?
- What type of manual therapies are available?
- Do any of these manual therapies have evidence for their use in migraine?
- How does a physical therapist decide how to treat someone with migraine?
- Is there a single best physical therapy for migraine?
- How do you know as a patient if you’d benefit from physical therapy?
- Which physical systems commonly play a role in migraine?
- Can physical therapy help relieve an acute migraine attack?
- Which position can be helpful for someone experiencing an acute attack?
- What tips can you give to someone who clenches or grinds their teeth?
- How do you know if your neck is a factor in your migraine condition?
- What are the implications for physical therapy for someone who is hypermobile and has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome?
- Are there other types of headache that can be helped by physical therapy?
- What is POTS and how is it related to migraine?
- How does physical therapy help someone with POTS?
- Can physical therapy play a role in the treatment of new daily persistent headache?
- Who should not consider physical therapy for their health?
- How can someone find a physical therapist who specializes in or has experience in migraine?
Find more about Ali Ladak, PT, DPT, PhD and his work here:
- Chiropractic therapy
- Craniosacral therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dry needling
- Mindfulness meditation
- Myofascial release
- Physical therapy
- Postural corrections
- Stress management techniques
- Soft tissue massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation
Please note: The Migraine World Summit’s aim is to bring you a variety of perspectives and expertise, independent of bias or judgment. Alternative theories presented in this video have not been medically reviewed. Views expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of the Migraine World Summit. Please always consult your health care professional and do your own research before making changes to your treatment plan.
Ali Ladak, PT, DPT, PhD
Penn Therapy & Fitness
Pre-purchase full access to the entire [YEAR] Summit, including:
- All expert interviews with separate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 4 (2022)
Use Learning Tracks to help plan your viewing around certain themes of information. To view Learning Tracks scroll to the footer at the bottom of the page and select 'Learning Tracks' from the bottom menu.