Managing Migraine in the East
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What is the current state of migraine care in the East (South and East Asia)?
- What is the prevalence of migraine disease in the East?
- How common is medication overuse headache in the East compared to the West?
- Which triggers are common in the East and why?
- What is the hair-washing trigger that is common in India?
- Is the prevalence of migraine disease in India similar to that in the rest of Asia?
- What are some common barriers to care found in India, and what is being done to overcome them?
- What is the availability of migraine medications in India?
- What is the outlook for migraine care in India?
- Indian Headache Clinic
- Dr. Ravishankar’s Research Publications
- Indian Academy of Neurology – Headache Division
- International Headache Society
- CGRP inhibitors
- CGRP receptor antagonists (gepants)
- Eletriptan (Relpax)
- Ergotamine (Cafergot, Ergomar)
- Frovatriptan (Frova)
- Neuromodulation devices
- Propranolol (Inderal)
- Sumatriptan (Imitrex)
Please note: The Migraine World Summit’s aim is to bring you a variety of perspectives and expertise, independent of bias or judgment. Alternative theories presented in this video have not been medically reviewed. Views expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of the Migraine World Summit. Please always consult your health care professional and do your own research before making changes to your treatment plan.
K. Ravishankar, MD
Specialist in Headache Medicine
The Headache and Migraine Clinic, Jaslok and Lilavati Hospitals; Mumbai, India
Dr. Ravishankar is consultant-in-charge of the headache and migraine clinics at Jaslok and Lilavati hospitals in Mumbai, India. He was formally trained in headache medicine at the Houston Headache Clinic and the London Migraine Clinic.
He served on the board of trustees of the International Headache Society (IHS) from 2008-2011. Dr. Ravishankar was the recipient of an IHS Special Recognition Award in 2013 and has been honored with lifetime membership of the IHS. He was recently honored with a 2022 Lifetime Achievement Award by the Headache Cooperative of New England. He is a past president of the Asian Regional Consortium for Headache.
Dr. Ravishankar is a member of the American Headache Society. He is on the editorial board of Headache Currents and is a reviewer for Cephalalgia and Headache. He is co-editor of the book Modern Day Management of Headache. The author of more than 87 scientific articles and contributor to 12 book chapters, Dr. Ravishankar is also a regular international speaker on the topic of migraine and headache.
Pre-purchase full access to the entire [YEAR] Summit, including:
- All expert interviews with separate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 7 – 2023
Our ongoing mission is to make life better for the millions of Americans living with headache disorders in our country. Founded in 2008, the AHDA is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit supported by member contributions and individual donors. We are proud to have never taken direct contributions from pharmaceutical companies. Members include organizations, medical providers, scientists, caregivers, and people living with headache disorders.
At AbbVie, we are committed to empowering people living with migraine disease. We advance science that enables health care providers to care for people impacted across the spectrum of migraine. Through education and partnerships with the migraine community, we strive to help those with migraine navigate barriers to care, access effective treatments and reduce the impact of migraine on their lives. To learn more, visit AbbVie.com.