Light Sensitivity and Therapy for Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Is migraine the only headache disorder that has light sensitivity as a symptom?
- Is light sensitivity a premonitory symptom or is it a trigger of migraine?
- Is light sensitivity a chronic condition?
- Is light sensitivity something that can develop from another condition, such as concussion?
- What causes light sensitivity?
- Should people with light sensitivity completely avoid the light, or is it better to learn to adapt to it?
- What protections are there for people with light sensitivity?
- Should people with light sensitivity keep their home environments dark at all times?
- How can you tell the difference between photophobia as a trigger and as a premonitory symptom?
- Are tinted lenses helpful?
- When should someone with photophobia see a specialist?
- What kind of specialist should they see?
- Are the CGRP medications helpful to those with light sensitivity?
- Is our modern world of excessive screen time and “Zoom fatigue” causing more photophobia?
- How can someone tell that their photophobia might be chronic
Deborah Friedman, MD, MPH, FAAN, FAHS
Neurologist, Headache Specialist & Neuro-ophthalmologist
Dr. Deborah Friedman is a neurologist specializing in headache medicine and neuro-ophthalmology in Dallas, Texas. She was the founding director of the Headache and Facial Pain Program and Cerebrospinal Fluid Dynamics Program at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. She is board certified in neurology and headache medicine, and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Headache Society, the American Neurological Association, and the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (NANOS).
She served on the board of directors for the American Headache Society and the Southern Headache Society, as a past president of NANOS, and on the steering committee for the Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Treatment Trial. She has published over 130 articles in peer-reviewed journals and 27 book chapters. Her key interests are intracranial pressure disorders, migraine, and cluster headache.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 3 (2021)
Over the past 50 years, our mission at the National Headache Foundation has been to further awareness of headache and migraine as legitimate neurobiological diseases. Much has changed during this time. With aid from advanced technology and clinical innovation, there are more treatment options than ever before. However, we understand that these diseases are still largely misunderstood and that finding the right treatment options for you requires insight.
Impel NeuroPharma, Inc. is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing transformative therapies that unlock the full potential of therapeutic molecules for people living with CNS disorders with high unmet medical needs. Impel NeuroPharma is the first company to investigate targeting the upper nasal space with optimized therapeutic molecules and formulations for treating CNS diseases.
The Summit Co-Host and Producer, Paula is an alumni speaker who is a former business executive with chronic migraine, now thriving as a leading health advocate and editor.
Leave a comment
Back to top