How to Manage Weather Triggers
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What effect does barometric pressure have on migraine?
- How does weather influence migraine and headache disorders?
- How does one manage weather-related triggers?
- What is weather’s effect on the brain?
- How does the environment of where you live affect migraine and headache disorders?
- Is there a certain numerical change in pressure that triggers an attack?
- How do seasonal changes influence migraine and headache disorders?
- Why is weather not always a consistent trigger?
- What medications can be used to treat weather-related migraine and headache attacks specifically?
- Is it possible to prevent a headache or migraine attack triggered by weather?
- Dr. Jan Hoffman
- International Headache Society
- American Headache Society
- The Migraine Trust
- The influence of weather on migraine – are migraine attacks predictable?
- Increases in Neuronal Activity in Rat Spinal Trigeminal Nucleus Following Changes in Barometric Pressure—Relevance for Weather‐Associated Headaches?
Jan Hoffmann, MD, PhD
Clinical Senior Lecturer & Honorary Consultant in Neurology
King's College London
Dr. Jan Hoffmann is a clinical senior lecturer at King’s College London, and an honorary consultant in neurology at King’s College Hospital. He qualified at the Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Germany), where he also obtained his doctoral degree. Following a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of California San Francisco, he worked at the headache center at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf before he relocated to London to his current position.
Dr. Hoffmann is an internationally recognized specialist in headache and facial pain disorders. He has published extensively in the field, including the European Headache Federation treatment guidelines for idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH). Currently, he serves as an associate editor for Cephalalgia, the Journal of Oral & Facial Pain and Headache and Frontiers in Pain Research. Dr. Hoffmann is a council member of the British Association for the Study of Pain, as well as a member of the emerging therapies committee of the International Headache Society.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 3 (2021)
Over the past 50 years, our mission at the National Headache Foundation has been to further awareness of headache and migraine as legitimate neurobiological diseases. Much has changed during this time. With aid from advanced technology and clinical innovation, there are more treatment options than ever before. However, we understand that these diseases are still largely misunderstood and that finding the right treatment options for you requires insight.
Impel NeuroPharma, Inc. is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing transformative therapies that unlock the full potential of therapeutic molecules for people living with CNS disorders with high unmet medical needs. Impel NeuroPharma is the first company to investigate targeting the upper nasal space with optimized therapeutic molecules and formulations for treating CNS diseases.
The Summit Co-Host and Producer, Paula is an alumni speaker who is a former business executive with chronic migraine, now thriving as a leading health advocate and editor.
Leave a comment
Back to top