Food and Diets: A Nutritionist’s Take On How They Affect Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- Which foods are well-established migraine triggers?
- Why do many research publications get food triggers wrong?
- How much attention should we pay to food triggers?
- Why can it be counterproductive to try to identify our food triggers?
- How accurately do people with migraine identify their food triggers?
- Is it worthwhile to purchase a kit to test for our food sensitivities?
- Why don’t we know a lot about food sensitivities?
- What has recent research revealed about omega-3 and omega-6 fats and migraine?
- Which foods are high in omega-3 fats, and which foods are high in omega-6 fats?
- Should we take omega-3 supplements?
- Is there any evidence that taking probiotics helps migraine?
- How important is gut health for a healthy brain?
- Is there good evidence that a ketogenic diet helps with migraine?
- Does dietary gluten contribute to migraine?
- Should we avoid dairy products?
- Does a vegan diet help with migraine?
- Would an intermittent fasting diet help with migraine?
- What should we do if we have both IBS and migraine?
- How long do we need to follow a new diet to see whether it helps with migraine?
Find more about Margaret Slavin, PhD, RDN and her work here:
- Balancing dietary omega-3 and omega-6 fats
- Behavioral practices
- Fish oil supplements
- Ketogenic diet
Please note: The Migraine World Summit’s aim is to bring you a variety of perspectives and expertise, independent of bias or judgment. Alternative theories presented in this video have not been medically reviewed. Views expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of the Migraine World Summit. Please always consult your health care professional and do your own research before making changes to your treatment plan.
Margaret Slavin, PhD, RDN
Associate Professor of Nutrition & Food Studies
George Mason University
Watch at your own pace & get up to 24% off when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit before March 8. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 5 (2022)
The Association of Migraine Disorders (AMD) is devoted to expanding the understanding of migraine disease and its true scope. Migraine is a full body condition with a broad spectrum of symptoms, AMD is focused on including many medical specialties in the management of this disease.
Watch videos in silence or read along with the expert interview. Simply turn on CC in video controls in the lower right corner of the video. Note: closed captions are not available on preview videos or extended editions.